09 August 2011

Tutorial Intro

Ok, I will get around to the good stuff. But I figure I should write it out clearly before I just start posting willy, nilly here. So, instead I'm going to give the outline for how I want to talk about this topic. I guess at the end I'll gather it all up and make a nice PDF or a video tutorial if I can get my hands on some nice recording software. For this tutorial I am going to make the following assumption. I assume that you can read. And since I can safely assume that, the I can also assume you can read maya's extensive documentation. If I talk about something that you don't understand, it will be most likely because you didn't read Maya's documentation on said topic. If you ask me about something that can be easily answered by pressing "F1", I will most likely ignore you. What I'd like to focus on are little tips or methods that I use with Maya's tools. We're going to write quite a few expressions, but nothing overly complex. You don't have to know mel to follow this tutorial but again a little RTFM doesn't hurt.

I want to cover basic particle emission, fields, PP attributes, and PSI shading. Finally, I want to be able to output a high quality render worthy of a demo reel. So we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment