01 August 2011

Blogs?

Ok wow, I was totally going to post shit here, and be, you know helpful. Wow, 6 months later and I think I have two posts? I give those guys that take time to do this real Kudos man. After working with 3D software for 8-9 hours a day and then coming home only to work with it again to write up some tutorial... Yeah... or I'm unmotivated and lazy. That could be it too.

So lets see... what to say. I'm learning python/pyMel. That's a start. I guess, I'm suppose to be learning pythonQt, whatever that is. But I think just learning anything is important right now. Picking up Maya 2012, for no explicable reason. I mean there's a lot of new features, but it's not that new. I need to start cracking on Houdini again. I wonder if it will run on my new MacBook Air? Probably not. I need a new mouse for my desktop, the middle click is mushy and is annoying. Also, it's apparent that I need a different video card for 3D apps. My ATI 6800  doesn't cut it. So Quadro 4000 it is. Now, I know where my money is going...

Anyway, useful tips... That's what this was all about. Actually, I need to write up a tutorial on flamethowers. Maybe I'll do that this weekend, or I'll be in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment