02 August 2011

Tutorial Ideas

So I think I've settled on something to talk about. Particles. Particles are probably the most technical Fx. Technically most Fx work is just making something that looks cool. I once made an effect entirely out of blend shaped geometry, no dynamics required. It just requires you to think outside the box and explore some of the weird things in maya.

But yes particles. I remember one of the things that got me started was an old tutorial on missile trails. That was back in Maya 5 or something. Anyway, I thought it could use an update, so over the next few weeks I'll be talking about particles, and more than that, we'll be creating a missile trail while not using any of the built in ramps. It will be all expressions. Kill two birds with one stone I guess.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds absolutely fantastic. I love particles and I love working with expressions but I don't love not knowing what the heck I'm doing. I look forward to your tutorial(s?)!

    ReplyDelete