22 October 2010

Silly Questions

So if you've ever been on a forum like CG Talk or the Unofficial Realflow Forum. You'll notice these questions: "I'm new to Maya and am thinking of going into FX, I would like to start by making an explosion. How do you make this effect?" Or "I would like to make the effect of water forming into a shape. I'm new to realflow how should I make this?"

This is like saying, "Hi, I'm thinking of becoming a Doctor; I just bought a few knives.  How do I preform brain surgery?" Now that sounds complete absurd, but it's essentially the same question, just in a different profession. It's the same reason to you should ask an artist to paint you a picture for free, or give you a great deal on web design. I don't ask my contractor friend for free remodeling. That's just common sense.


Don't be that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment