11 August 2009

Still Life Progress 1

So here is my preliminary mug model. Not only is this the 1st time modeling something in Houdini, but this is the first bit modeling I've done in 2 years. It's also my 1st model that I've done using NURBS. Yes that's right NURBS. I figured since I'm learning one thing I might as well stack on some other elements as well. Of course obviously the basic shape of the mug was pretty easy to pull off with a few NURBS curves. But the rest of it, specifically the organic lips were pretty tough. I eventually found a pretty need OP to do it. By using a Paste SOP you can paste geometry onto the surface of another piece of geometry. It's kinda like a combination of the merge and project SOPs. Anyway pretty cool. I'm rather cooked for the day. I've been reading mountains of Houdini help files and forum posts. Tomorrow I'll start on modeling all 23 pens. I should have just filled the stupid thing with #2 pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment